Bengali cuisine (21) breakfast (2) Festive sweets (1) Hyderabadi cuisine (1) hyderabadi recipe (2) Kashmiri Cuisine (3) Lentil Recipe (4) Lucknow Cuisine (1) Madrasi Cuisine (1) Maharashtrian Cuisine (1) Non Veg Recipe (38) North Indian Veg Recipe (6) north indian break fast (1) North Indian Cuisine (14) north indian dessert (1) North Indian Veg Recipe (1) Punjabi Cuisine (1) Rajansthani recipe (1) recipe experiment (1) Snacks (1) south indian breakfast (2) South Indian Cuisine (5) Sweets (3) Veg Recipe (25)
Sunday, 29 April 2012
Saturday, 28 April 2012
Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
Sunday, 22 April 2012
Loving the heat of the Mustard Seed Paste when it coats the Hyacinth beans ---- Sim sorshe - Hyacinth beans with Mustard Seed Paste --- made on 22nd April, 2012
Sunday, 1 April 2012
What did I use:
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina ~ 1 Cup
- Grated carrot ~ 1/2 cup
- Chopped Beans ~ 1/4 cup ( Very small pieces )
- Chopped Onions ~ 1/2 cup
- Ginger ~ 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic ~ 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies ~ 2 Nos
- Turmeric powder ~ 3 pinch
- Hot water ~ 1 cup
- Urad Dal (Uzhunnu ) ~ 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves ~ 4-5 leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Dry Red chillies ~ 2 Nos
How did I cook:
- Roast Rava / Sooji in a pan without adding oil in medium flame till it become slightly brown in color. (Note : If you are buying roasted Rava / Sooji from the grocery shop, then you can skip this step)
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds crackle add dry red chillies (2 pcs) and curry leaves. Then add Urad Dal and fry till it becomes light brown in color.
- And then add chopped onions, chopped ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chillies. Saute it till onions become soft. Then add chopped vegetables. And fry it for another 5-10 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of hot water along with salt and turmeric powder and bring it to a boil.
- Then lower the flame and add Rava / Sooji and immediately mix it nicely in order to avoid the formation of lumps. Continue stirring for almost 1 minute or until almost all water is absorbed by the Rava / Sooji. And then remove from the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves (Optional)