What did I use:
- 500g dried macaroni
- 1 tablespoon refined oil
- 350g thinly sliced mild salami, cut into thin strips
- 250g tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 100g smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- Water and salt to boil macaroni
- Black pepper
How did I cook:
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add salami. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, shaking pan, or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Return to saucepan over low heat. Add salami mixture, cheese and parsley. Toss until well combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Now it is ready to serve.